Save the Date: September 5, 2015… Family Fun Day at Annehurst Pool to benefit the Link Medical Fund
3rd Annual Family Fun Day at Annehurst Pool
There are two ways to have fun!
1. Family Fun Day – 12:00 Noon until 4:00 p.m.
Bring the family up to the pool to swim, play volleyball, cornhole or just to enjoy on of the last days of summer.
Family Cookout – 4:00 until 7:30 p.m.
Cost: $3.00 per person ($15.00 max per family)
Hamburgers/Hotdogs/Brats and Soda provided by the AVRA
Please bring a dish to share and table service (no glass please)
Live Music at 6:00 by Locker 15
Adult Only Concert – 7:30 until Midnight
Cost: $15.00 per person
Beer and Wine provided by the AVRA
Live Music and Dancing 8:00 and 9:00
FUNDRAISER FOR THE LINKS
This year we are having a raffle with awesome prizes from local businesses. The proceeds from the raffle will be used to help fund the Link Medical Fund. For more information or to make a personal donation you can visit one of two Go Fund Me accounts
The Links Story
The Link family has recently fallen upon many difficulties. Their oldest son Ryan was diagnosed with a brain tumor and underwent surgery to remove it. In July, Link family patriarch Gary fell from a ladder sustaining multiple injuries, including massive head trauma. Gary is still in intensive care. In August, Ryan’s 11 month old son underwent surgery for a brain tumor.
Annehurst is a close knit community. We take care of our neighbors and help where ever we can. The Links are the very definition this. Beyond the normal everyday things we do for our friends, below are examples of how they have touched lives in Annehurst many in our community may not even be aware:
- As residents Gary and Brenda were and have remained active members of the AVRA.
- Gary was a former AVRA president and gave tirelessly to the community.
- Brenda was Secretary of the AVRA
- Gary spearheaded the Annehurst Elementary playground replacement in the late 1990’s.
- Gary and Ryan maintained the land in and around the pool grounds at no cost to the community for many years.
- Gary and Ryan were members of the Delaware Tribe, Indian Guides group, a father/son mentoring program focused on building strong relationships between fathers and sons. Nearly all members of the tribe were from Annehurst.
- Brenda worked at Annehurst owned businesses in support of her neighbors.
- Children Katie and Ryan attended Annehurst, Heritage and graduated from South.
- Katie was a long-time member of the Annehurst Piranha swim team.
- Katie worked as a lifeguard at Annehurst pool during her high school and college years.
- Katie has returned to Annehurst as an adult to coach the Piranha swim team and teach at a local preschool where many of our children attend.
The Links are part of the Annehurst family; they have worked over the span of 40 years to improve the quality of life in our neighborhood and we are compelled to take care of our own. Your support will help us achieve our goal.